Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Text Size
Judge Tommy Starns










If you are a juvenile, who is an individual under the age of 17 or you are charged with an alcohol related offense and are under the age of 19, you MUST APPEAR IN COURT IN PERSON WITH YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.

You and your parent(s) or guardian(s) are required by law to provide the court, in writing, your current address and residence. If your place of residence changes, you have 7 days to notify the court, in writing, of your new address and residence. Failure to keep the court informed of your new residence may result in Failure To Appear and Failure To Notify charges filed against both you and your parent or guardian. The obligation of keeping the court informed of your current address and residence is required until your case if finalized/terminated.


The Court will issue a warrant when:

  • You fail to make a plea to violations shown on your ticket
  • You fail to comply with the Orders of a Judge
  • You do not complete a payment plan or fail to make payments as promised.


Failure To Make A Plea

If you fail to make a plea to each violation on your ticket within 30 days of the violation date, the Court will:

  • Issue a warrant for your arrest (additional $50.00 fee)
  • Charge the Standard Fine amount.
  • Send a request to the Texas Department of Public Safety for Denial of Driver License Renewal and a 30% fee may be added.
  • Refer your case to a collection agency after 60 days with a $30.00 (per violation) fee added to the amount owed.


Failure To Meet The Orders of a Judge

If you have appeared before a judge and have agreed to a payment plan, community service or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders as specified or a warrant will be issued for your arrest.


If you are found guilty, and are not satisfied with the judgment of the court, you have the right to appeal your case; you must submit an appeal bond in the amount of twice the fine and costs within ten calendar days of the date of judgment. If the bond is approved, the case is transferred to the Madison County Court for a trial de novo (new trial.)